4/22/11

Week Update Including This Weeks New Recipe

Sorry I have not posted in a while. I have been really busy lately. Just wanted to update y'all on my week. Aaron and I started kickball. We are on a team with many of our friends and our team has been together for 2-3 years now. We had 2 games: game one was a 4-4 tie (yes you can tie in kickball) and game 2 was a 16 or 17-1 win (not to be mean but I really lost count after the 5 inning). Kickball season is a lot of fun and will carry us through May.

I have been also doing a some recreational reading and educational reading. I am currently reading Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin. It is a great and light read. I have read it once already but wanted to read it again before the movie comes out.

Also, I am reading Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat by Dr. Michelle May. I have heard her talk at a conference and wanted to learn more so I could use her techniques with my clients. I really love it so far and would recommend it to anyone.


Finally, I have been looking for new recipes. I frequent The Sisters Cafe blog and find tons of good looking recipes. The one I tried this week was the Black Bean and Sweet Corn Quinoa, click here for picture and recipe. It was great with flounder last night and then tonight, I put the leftovers on ground turkey nachos. I have really been wanting to try Quinoa because it is a great source of protein but in a grain form for those of us that do not really "like" most meat options. It was great at both meals and you can eat it cold on a bed of lettuce... that is my next try with the leftovers.

I have some more posts coming soon!

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment