4/4/11

Pretty Plates!

I have been married for 10 months now and until this afternoon my fine china has been packed away in boxes in the office closet. This is a true tragedy because I was so excited about getting it. I have been thinking of different ways I could display it without adding another piece of furniture to my small house. So I searched the web for some inspiration. Here is what I found:
I found this picture on the Nate Berkus Show's website under the Proud House Pictures. This is from Katie Bower's Georgia home. I loved the idea of the shelves but wanted something more substantial. Then I was watching my favorite decorating show, Sarah's House, and found the beautiful shelf in one of the kitches's she designed.


I really loved that they were a unique color and that she used the corbels to make them stand out. So of course I told Aaron that this was my next project. Well little did I know that cool corbels like that cost around $90 so I had to scale back my plans a little. Here is what I found:


I got the wood at and the corbels at Home Depot. Aaron and a friend cut the plate groove into the board so that the dinner plates could stand up. I painted them a light but still kind of bright teal and Aaron screwed them together and hung them on the wall in our kitchen. Here is our finished product.



And because the pictures are a little fuzzy, here is a picture of my china close up. It has the silver banding with embossed pasily pattern between the banding. I am really excited to be able to show them off in my house now!
I hope you like it!
- Caroline

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty! You did a great job and the light teal is perfect.

    ReplyDelete