3/14/11

Some decorating ideas...

So these are some of the things that I have found while looking on other blogs. I am looking for inexpensive ways to decorate the house. Also I like the idea of doing unexpected things or using unexpected things. Here are some of the things I have found that you might see in my house sometime soon!
I saw this find on Dot Dot Dot by Tasha and loved it. She has a tutorial and uses beach towels she found at Walmart at then end of the season and some wood to make this cute wall art.

I have been looking for a chair for our master bedroom for a while now. The colors are yellows and grays. I saw this chair at Chrissie's Collections and loved it. She just referbished an old chair. Now I will be brodening my search to find a chair I can make my own!


This little beauty caught my eye because I have no cute way to store jewerly. I loved this because you can make it into anything you want. This one uses pages from the dictionary but I am thinking of using some fun scrapbooking paper.

Allison at Little Lovelies

This next piece I think is so great and unexpected in any house. Also, it is the only why my husband will be able to hang a buck head in our house. This one has different, fun wrapping paper scraps to make the head. But I like things a little more uniform so I am thinking different patters but in the same color scheme.


Tilly at This, That and Everything Inbetween


This just caught my eye because it was so simple. I love canvas pictures and could see it in my kitchen/dining area. I my incorporate some more words though.

Lisa at Her Beautiful Mess

This canvas art was also cute. It is different and does not look that hard to make. There are a couple of places I could see this in my house... just with some different colors.

Lisa at Her Beautiful Mess


All of these have inspired me to get creative. I hope you saw something that might inspire you !

-Caroline




1 comment:

  1. Cute ideas but I must say the deer makes me laugh! I can't wait to see how you put your spin on some of these ideas.

    ReplyDelete