3/28/11

My Dream Headboard

I have had my heart set on making a panelled headboard since I started watching HGTV. I was not sure what colors I wanted, the fabric or how big but I wanted one. So now that I have a house, I made one... with Aaron's help of course. Below is a picture of our very messy bedroom before we got all of our furniture (the reason for the mess) and the headboard.

And this is my masterpiece. I am in LOVE with it and cannot wait to plan the rest of my master bedroom around it. So the headboard is massive. It is 80" long and 60" tall so it could "over shadow" our king size bed. I found the fabric at GDC on Labor Day so I got a deal. We used plywood to make the 12 20X20 squares. The nice people at Lowes cut the squares for free. Then another piece of plywood in screwed on to the back. It is hung directly on the wall with some really heavy duty hangers because over all it totals more than 200 lbs.

So here is the starting point for my master bedroom deisgn. Some other things I have in mind are getting two quilted comforters... one gray and one yellow, redoing a chair for seating, makeing some curtains, and getting some accessories.


I hope you like it and I hope you get inspired!


-Caroline

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...you have to start giving yourself more credit - that headboard is awesome! I have a few websites saved so we can make our own, too..and I'm doing one of the guest bedrooms in grey / mustard!

    ReplyDelete