3/15/11

Nate Burkus Show

So today was my my 2nd or 3rd time ever watching the Nate Burkus Show. Nate is Oprah's designer and now has his own talk show in the morning. Today's show was about reusing old things that you have around the house. I loved some of the ideas and looked on his website for more. Here is some of what I found and wished I had a bigger house to put them in. Maybe one day!
Shelving first. These pictures are different coffee tables, night stands and desks cut in half to make shelving systems and desks with shelves. I loved the idea and the colors. I guess I should start collecting tables now!


Next is a rope shelving system that is hung from the ceiling. It looks so rustic but nice paired with the other things on this set.



Kitchen Island. This piece he made from an old 2 piece armoire/ cabinet. He did not use the top piece but put a piece of cut stone on top of the bottom. He painted it and added hooks, the paper towel rack and new drawer pulls. I need a bigger kitchen to house this beauty.


These are pictures are just from the website and compiled from other shows but I loved them. First, are portal mirrors in yellow of course. I really love finding stuff for my bedroom. I will have to think of how to make some. Let me know if you have any ideas.



And one thing for Pearl. I saw this set of dog bowls and want them so bad. Of course the color attracted me but also I have been looking for cute dog bowls that are off the ground. Right now we have a wire set I got on clearance and I want an upgrade.

All pictures from the Nate Burkus Show

I love looking at this stuff and cannot wait to have the resources and the space to create some of these ideas!
- Caroline




No comments:

Post a Comment