10/10/11

I promise, I am still doing my workouts!

I know I have not posted in a while but I have not really had anything to exciting to talk about. So I decided that I would get on and update everyone on my Turbo Fire progress.

Today, I start on my last 4 weeks of the program... so that means, I have made it 16 WEEKS! Since I have last posted, I do have a good friend, Ally, doing the workouts  with me 3-4 days of the week. So I only have to motivate myself 2-3 days a week! Also, I have purchased the Advanced DVD set. The Advanced set is 5 new workouts which really kick your butt.

The new workouts are:
Fire 60- This is the longest of the fire cardio classes. It contains 4 one minute fire drills and some more advanced moves. I must say though it was not as hard as I expected it to be after just watching the DVD.

HIIT 30- This high intensity interval training DVD has 10 1.25 minute cardio drills each with a one minute break in between. I thought this one was harder than the Fire 60 class because of all of the jumping and plyometric moves.

Upper 20- This strength training class focuses just on the upper part of your body and continues to challenge you with the resistance bands. It is hard esp for those like me who do not have an incredibly strong upper body.

Lower 20- All I can say is WOW! Also, as strength training class but focuses on the lower body by using a lower body resistance band (a band that has no handles that the ends are tied together to use around your ankles). I was sore after this class for a week!

Abs 10- I know it is only 10 minutes but it is a hard 10 minutes. No resistance bands are used in this class but you finish knowing and feeling where each of your ab muscles are.

All of these advanced classes push you farther than you thought you could go. Also, I am convinced that you get the ripped body in the last 2 months with the addition of these workouts.

Update: Since I have started I have lost 15 lbs. I would tell you how many inches but I lost my original inch measurements :( I promise I will keep you updated as I finish my last month... which happens to be a HIIT month!

-Caroline

1 comment: